Monday, April 16, 2012

Q&A with chictopia style icon ; OAHULOVER714



it's hard not to notice this chictopian.

Jessica, also known as oahulover714, is one of our Style Icons this March. 
I’ve been watching this lovely Chictopian for the last few months and knew it was only time until she got the title of Chictopia Style Icon! 

She has made such a huge impact on the site with her classy, understated sexy, and trendy look.
So we decided to ask her a few questions to let us in on her styling secrets! 

Let’s find out more about her, shall we?


What’s the meaning behind your username, oahulover714?
Well, I love Oahu (it’s probably my favorite place in the whole world), and 
my birthday is July 14th. 
I actually just tried to change it to HapaTime the other day but the links from my pictures to my Chictopia profile broke. 
I didn’t realize my blog would become so popular, 
so I wasn’t consistent with my usernames when I first started creating accounts. 
For example, on Twitter I am luckyduckily and on TrendSnappers I am Jessberry!

What’s your real name then, if you don’t mind?
My name is Jessica :)

Where are you from? We speculate that you’re American but we aren’t sure if it’s true or not
I was born in Provo, Utah, and I grew up and live in California.

Which state are you in right now?
California 

How do you feel about CHICTOPIA and do you have any favorite users so far?
Chictopia is wonderful! I really had mixed feelings when I first started out… 
one time a picture of mine went a whole day without a single vote. 
I felt like I wasn’t being recognized for all the hard work I was putting into my photos 
but honestly if it weren’t for Chictopia I never would have even gotten started in fashion blogging!

Who are your favorite style icons?
On Chictopia? My favorite style icons are Alana Ruas, Kasica, Karlinn of SGgirl, Dani Ramirez and Annabelle Fleur.

Do you have any tips for aspiring Style Icons here in the Chictopia community?
Look at the style gallery! 
What do you notice about the photos that make it in, 
or to the front page – there are some staples to a photo that is given recognition on Chictopia such as – 
consistency, originality – but also the formatting – such as the size/shape of the photo, 
the lighting, the placement of the model – how well you can see the outfit, etc. 
If your photos aren’t doing as well as you like, 
look at those that are and see what they are doing that you aren’t. 
Above all else, persistence, persistence, persistence and never lose hope 

When it comes to spring, what pieces are you most excited about rocking?
I love all the high low skirts as I’ve mentioned many times already!! 
I can’t believe I still don’t have pastel pants, and 
I love all the florals and little white dresses.  
Cropped tops and bustiers are pure awesome too!

How do you best describe your style?
Above all else I go for classy. My looks are easy going and far from extreme. 
I always go for feminine too – can’t imagine myself rocking a tomboyish or menswear look, 
that’s just not me.

If you have to choose 5 favorite pieces from your closet, what would they be?
My 5 current favorite pieces would have to be: 
My taupe Steve Madden Dynemite heels, 
an ankle length pair of black leggings, 
my extremely cozy black scarf, 
my purple Aldo crossbody bag and 
my oversized, super soft Romwe apricot jumper.

What are three fashion/beauty items you couldn’t live without?
I can’t live without makeup – foundation, eyeliner and chapstick… at least! 
Other than that I would say a pair of high heels, 
my Sedu flat iron and blotting tissues/powder.

What do you want to be in, say… 10 years from now?
I would love to be Creative Director for a highly reputable fashion/beauty magazine such as Glamour, Lucky, Cosmopolitan. 
I would also love to be working at a company such as Victoria’s Secret Corporate, 
managing, influencing and directing their marketing campaigns.  

last, what's your favorite quotes?
“Don't cry over the past, it's gone! 
Don't stress about the future, it hasn't arrived. 
Live in the present and make the best out of it... just sayin'”

And

“Attitude is a little thing that makes a BIG difference.”
Not sure who said those but I love them. 

And everyone can follow me on 
my blog : http://hapatime.blogspot.com/, 
Chictopia.com/oahulover714, 
Lookbook.nu/hapatime, twitter 
@luckyduckily,  
http://hapatime.tumblr.com/ and 
pinterest.com/jess4hapatime :)






dont forget to hype me in chictopia !!!
xoxo

5 comments :

  1. I love that blazer in the first picture.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Winda... I luv your blog very much!! It's really nice to know you, take care dear... :)


    xoxo
    Debby Renaldo
    http://pinklicioussugarpie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is beautiful!! and has great style too...really nice interview =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics.
    xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jessica!

    She is one of the sweetest and down to earth bloggers I've met. This sense I've gained from the brief conversations we've had through Blogger and Chictopia.

    The tips she gives about looking at the style gallery are very true. I was just like her at first because I felt Chictopians didn't care for my style much. And then I realized - like Jessica - that I had to put more focus on how my photos looked.

    Thank you for interviewing her Winda!

    xoxo,
    Sheyla
    www.freestyle-moda.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your compliments and / or advices.
i appreciate every single comment you've wrote to me!
don't forget to write your link so i can visit you later =)